Paladin of Erathis
Oliver Wode, level 5 Human, Paladin Build: Virtuous Paladin Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade) Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Holy Symbol)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 21.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 18.
AC: 23 Fort: 16 Reflex: 17 Will: 20 HP: 52 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 13
TRAINED SKILLS Endurance +4, Religion +6, Heal +9, Intimidate +12, Diplomacy +12
UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics -2, Arcana +1, Bluff +7, Dungeoneering +4, History +1, Insight +4, Nature +4, Perception +4, Stealth -2, Streetwise +7, Thievery -2, Athletics -2
FEATS Human: Versatile Expertise Level 1: Action Surge Level 2: Mettle Proven Level 4: Virtuous Recovery
POWERS Bonus At-Will Power: Ardent Strike Lay on Hands: Ardent Vow Paladin at-will 1: Enfeebling Strike Paladin at-will 1: Virtuous Strike Paladin encounter 1: Valorous Smite Paladin daily 1: Majestic Halo Paladin utility 2: Call of Challenge Paladin encounter 3: Avenging Smite Paladin daily 5: Unyielding Faith
ITEMS Heavy Shield, Plate Armor, Longsword, Backpack (empty), Bedroll, Belt Pouch (empty), Flint and Steel, Silk Rope (50 ft.), Journeybreads (10), Journeybread (9), Waterskin, Holy Symbol
Okay here is the basics to get the DM off my back. A formatted paragraph bio will follow.
A few things about Oliver
- Oliver is the son of a modestly well off merchant Jenson.
- He became a devout follower of Erathis because of his father.
- Oliver has two older brothers Keaton and Fornell.
- Oliver’s father trained his older sons to run the family business while he encourages his youngest (Oliver) to stick with his religious studies.
- Oliver began training as a paladin of Erathis at an early age and quickly became used to the rigid and well ordered lifestyle.
- Oliver believes that with creating an Assani settlement he could mold it to an appropriate tribute to Erathis.
- Oliver believes that anything in this world that is worth anything is hard to obtain therefore he believes that creating a settlement on the savage coast will be very worthwhile.
A bundle of goals
- I would like to see Oliver be changed from his naïve upbringings to find that the world isn’t as simple as they tell you in school.
- I would like to see Oliver reunited with his wife to be (for better or for worse).
- I would like to see Oliver take some form of leadership whether or not it follows his original ambition.
A couple of secrets
- Oliver has ambitions of ruling the settlement on the savage coast so that he can mold it into a worthwhile tribute to Erathis.
- Oliver’s father has been leading him down this path since early childhood believing that his son starting a new settlement could be a very large asset for his business.
A contingent of acquaintances
- Oliver has a wife (Laraina) to be that he is leaving at home until he deems it safe to bring her along. Her feelings on this are mixed.
- Oliver made friends with an artificer Etari very early on after seeing what many improvements a person who understood gadgets could make.
- Oliver’s brother Fornell has been in competition with Oliver since childhood. He believes Jenson to dote on Oliver and since he has little reason to think he will take over the company instead of his older brother he despises both his brothers.
- Oliver remembers the rush he felt when he was introduced into the paladin order and given the holy symbol of a full member.
- Oliver remembers the pride he felt when he was selected to venture to the Savage Coast and tame it’s unruly wildes.
- Finally he remembers pang of guilt and sadness when he told his wife to be he would be leaving her for an undetermined period of time.